Fashion forward trends for 2020
The days may be dark and long, and Dry January/ Veganuary/ Abstinence/ A-World-Without-Christmas-to-look-forward-to-for-another-11-months may seem bleak, but fear not – there’s light at the end of the tunnel in the shape of top trends for 2020. Turn hibernation and hanging out at home into a productive and future-focused pastime by planning a home makeover. Check out fashion forward trends for 2020 as featured in Homes & Property, Evening Standard (8 January). Thanks to journalist Barbara Chandler for these top tips – we feel suitably inspired!
· A blue palette: Pantone’s colour of the year is Classic Blue and it comes in all sorts of shades for 2020. Futon Company says: Apparently the colour blue is reassuring – we need a bit of that after last year. Bring it on, we say!
· Jungle print: The jungle look is rich, exotic, fanciful and fun and spreading to sofas, plates and lamp shades for 2020. Futon Company says: Growl (in a good way!). We love a bit of jungle.
· Interiors as art: Cushions, rugs, wall panels and duvets are all set to have a gallery touch, often with patterns, drawings and pictures from commissioned artists. Futon Company says: We heart a spot of art-inspired interiors, especially when it comes to creating cushion covers.
· Cane is coming in from the cold, used inside for lightweight chairs and lamp shades, while cork is also on the up. Untouched wood in chunky shapes, while cotton, linen and wool are the key fabric trends. Futon Company says: Getting back to basics in your home makes for a reassuringly calm and relaxed interior where you can switch off from the stresses and strains of everyday life.
· The Uber Glam trend is inspired by Art Deco design. Velvet is still huge, while crystal mixed with glossy lacquer and warm metals like copper and brass reign supreme. Meanwhile the stern industrial styles of stone, steel and brick are being softened with damask, silk, deep-pile rugs and glam lighting in sculptural shades.
Futon Company says: What more can we say? Art deco design is on our list of favourites. Bring it on!