Creating a guest space for summer
Summer’s on its way – hooray! Which means that many of us will be spending time away from home or having guests to stay with us. Having guests to stay, in your house, tent or caravan, should be a positive experience for all. And whether your space is positively palatial or snug and compact, there are plenty of ways to create a comfortable guest space for summer. Tips and ideas based on ideas featured in The Sunday Times, May 20th 2018.
* Be the first guest. Test out the mattress and sleep space for yourself
* Guests must have a light that they can turn off from the bed. A bedside lamp is a good investment!
* Give them somewhere to hang their stuff. If space is limited a couple of hooks will do the trick
* If you have wood floors think about adding a rug to the side of the bed or mattress to up the luxe-factor – especially important in winter!
* A couple of scatter cushions can aid relaxation and transform a sleep-inducing bed or mattress into a relaxation-haven
Futon Company says: It doesn’t take much effort to create a snug guest space. The addition of a cosy throw, some magazines and tasty treats ought to do the trick! Happy summer!